Screamer PCIe USB-C (R04)
Screamer PCIe USB-C (R04) with a Low-Profile form factor and PCIe x4 connectivity. Compatible with Screamer M.2 gateware/software.
!Limited edition! Only 100 boards available (May 17th)! Due to the worldwide chip shortage and lack of FT601 chips (USB3 connectivity), we have been able to produce only a small batch of Screamer (100 boards). This batch is likely to be the only one we will be able to produce in 2021.
What are the differences with Screamer M.2 USB-C (R04) ?
- * M.2 connector is replaced with a PCIe connector. No need for M.2 -> PCIe adapter boards.
- * Same FPGA schematics/pinout.
- * Existing software and gateware made for the Screamer M.2 are fully compatible with this new PCIe version.
- * Horizontal USB-C connector, reachable through the bracket.
- * USB-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
- * PCIe x4
- * PCIe Low-Profile (68.90mm height x 79.20mm length)
- * Screamer PCIe USB-C (R04)
- * USB-C to USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 Cable
- * USB-C to USB 3.1 Type-A Adapter
- * Low-Profile Bracket
- * Full-Length Bracket
PCIe is the main high speed way of communicating between a processor and its peripherals. It is used in PC (also encapsulated in Thunderbolt) and now even in mobile phones. Doing security research on a PCIe system is complex because it requires expensive tools (>$50k) and such tools are not that common when packet generation is needed. Screamer provides a such tool at a more reasonable price.
The board comes pre-flashed with PCILeech gateware. We recommend you to get the JtagSerial pack in order to reprogram it or update it to newer versions.
You might also like