Bonobo JTAG/SWD Debug Cable
Available ! :)
iPhone debugging requires proper tools.
The Bonobo cable connects to your target through Lightning and allows CPU debugging through JTAG/SWD using OpenOCD + AArch64 GDB. Among others, you can: access all CPUs and registers, single step, put hardware breakpoints, dump memory, etc... Perfect for security research.
The target serial console can be accessed on the control PC through Minicom (iBoot prompt), as well as Lightning USB (For DFU, USB exploitation, demote, etc.)
The FPGA and STM32 come pre-flashed with our custom Gateware and Firmware, ready to be used with our open-source OpenOCD driver.
Note: To be able to use this cable, the target system (iPhone) must be demoted to allow JTAG/SWD thanks to @axi0mX.
Bonobo Debug Cable Features:
On the target side (through the Lightning tip):
- * Lightning SWD on ACC_ID/ACC_PWR wires.
- * Lightning Serial (For iBoot console, etc.).
- * Lightning USB (For DFU, ...).
- * Lightning ACC_ID sequence (As debug accessory).
- * Lightning Power (For charging or if the target does not have a battery)
On the control side (through USB):
Open Source Bonobo driver for OpenOCD
- * ARMv8 / ADIv5
- * Support SWD commands queue
- * Support target board reset
- * Connects to OpenOCD
- * Already supports: Registers access, Hardware breakpoints, Instruction stepping, R/W memory, etc.
Product page on Wiki
For full details about the Bonobo cable capabilities and how to use it, please refer to LambdaConcept blog: